Sunday, February 24, 2013

Mommy Mac-and-Cheese

I make this meal for my family twice a week.  I'm sure the monkey would want to have this five days a week.  It's the one meal that we all eat.  See, the monkey is a picky eater.  Let me say that another way.  She is a super crazy, not to be messed with, P-I-C-K-Y eater.  Here's her food list: hot dogs, noodles, and pancakes. 

This is real easy to make.  Seriously, look at what goes in it.  To tell the truth, the monkey makes this.  I boil the pasta, but she takes it from there.

I call it the "Working Woman" because, well, that's what I am.  I work full time 8-5, and then come home to take care of my family.  I have to find meals that a quick and tasty, and that do not require me to go through a drive thru.

Working Woman's Mac-and-Cheese
(a.k.a. "Mommy Mac-N-Cheese")
  • 1 lb. rigatoni
  • 1 jar Ragu Double Cheddar Cheese sauce
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 8 oz. block extra sharp cheddar cheese, cut into cubes
Cook the pasta according to directions.  Drain, and return the pasta to the pot.  Add the cheese sauce, and stir to coat.  Add the remaining cheeses.  Cook over a medium heat, stirring continuously for five minutes.  Remove from heat, and serve immediately.

It's not pretty, but it's tasty...and this is all that is left at the end of the night
On another note....we decided things weren't hectic enough with work, school, and Girl Scouts so we signed the Monkey up for softball.  She showed a true interest in it, and after I forked over the registration fee, I told  her she better like it or pretend she likes it because she is not allowed to quit.

Taking swings in the batting cage

No comments:

Post a Comment