Thursday, February 2, 2012

Tasty Thursday

If you remember, I wrote about how I wished I learned how to cook my mom's spaghetti.  Since that never happened, I found a recipe in an old church cookbook and adapted it to fit my family's taste.  It's really easy because I use the crock pot....fill it up, turn it on low, leave for work, and come home to a homecooked meal.  I'm going to share it with you.  If you try it, let me know what you think of it.

Crock-Pot Spaghetti Sauce

3 large cans crushed tomatoes
1 small can tomato paste
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 bay leaf
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. sugar
salt
pepper
1 tsp. butter

Pour all the ingredients into the crock pot, and give it a good stir.  Turn on low, and cook for 8 hours.  Take the lid off for about 1/2 hour so the sauce will thicken.  If you want to add meat, it can be added in with the above ingredients.  I *highly* recommend you use  Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners.  These will save your life.

That's it.  Super easy, and super good.  Plus it makes a lot, at least it makes a lot for us.  I sometimes make this and freeze the results so we have sauce whenever we need it.

Oh...and that "old" cookbook I was talking about.  It's the book called " Our Best Home Cooking...A Collection of Recipes Fom St. Martin of Tours Community".  I can't find a year listed, so I'm not sure how old it really is.  This is my go-to book.  Gotta love church cookbooks.

Until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment