Thursday, February 9, 2012

I (hate) New York

Yeah....today would normally be Tasty Thursday, but I have New York on my mind.  I blame it on Bono and the boys.  If they had not recorded "New York" for their 2000 album "All That You Can't Leave Behind", I would not have it on my iPod.  But, they made it, and it's on my iPod, and I heard it last night while I was working in the kitchen.
I love U2.

I hate New York.

Sorry to offend anyone (I'm looking in your direction Parkwood), but I do.  It's an okay place to visit, but I don't want to stay there.

I hate New York sports teams.  I hated sitting in Citi Field last year to watch the Phillies beat the Mets.  There is a reason that place is called Flushing.  I hate Jorge Posada.  He pees on his hands (look it up) and has big ears.  I hate the Giants -- and not because they just won the Super Bowl.  I really have no opinion of the J-E-T-S.  Truth be told, I tend to root for them, but I think it is only because of Rex and his foot fetish.

It's the town that never sleeps, and you know what?  It needs to.  Take a look in the mirror New York.  You don't look so pretty at 4 in the morning.

I hate taxi cabs.

I hate piles of garbage laying on the sidewalk.  I hate having to walk around them.  I hate the way they smell.

I hate seeing rats walking around on the subway platform while I was waiting for the train.  I hate the fact that no one seemed bothered by the rats.

I hate the fact that you are forced to overpay for everything in New York.

I hate that John Lennon stepped outside the Dakota one December day.

I hate that bird that crapped on Megan as soon as we walked off of the bus last year when we visited New York for the day.  She never got pooped on by a bird in Pennsylvania.

I hate that American Doll store on 5th Avenue.  I LOVE that Megan hates those dolls.  Wait...there is one thing I like about that store.  The bathrooms.  Very nice.  If you happen to be in that area, and need to use the facilities, stop in there.

I sound very bitter, right?  I blame this all on Bono.  I love U2.  I hate New York.

Long live Philadelphia (Roxborough in the house....holler)

2 comments:

  1. A bird pooped on my head in Maryland, but I still like it. NY, not so much. Only in the big apple once, and well, that may have been enough for me. I did enjoy The Lion King on Broadway though. As for the dolls, they're better than barbies! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm...I do have a basement full of half naked Barbie dolls!

      Delete