Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I'm A Loser, Baby!

In 2011, I took part in Philadelphia’s Magazine Be Well Philly Office Challenge.  In a nutshell, it was a contest between six companies in the tri-state area.  The team that lost the most weight during the three months would be considered the winners.  My team consisted of me, and nine of my co-workers. 
Of course we were the winners, because I have never been a loser.
I lost 18 pounds during that contest.  That was pretty impressive, but what I think is even more impressive is the fact that I got my butt doing some exercise.  It started slowly  -- the monkey and I would take walks around the neighborhood before dinner.  Then I joined the YMCA and started to go during my lunch hour at work (even that is pretty impressive).  My family would go to the Y on a Friday night to take advantage of the fact that no one else was there.  Apparently, people have things to do and places to go on the weekend.
Unfortunately, my exercise routine came to a screeching halt the night we were announced as the winners.  I went back to the Y a few times, but didn’t really put any effort into it.
That was 2011.  It’s now 2013.
My office is having its own version of this contest, and I signed up.  It started last Thursday, and it lasts until March 21st.  Truth be told, I’m not looking to lose a lot of weight.  Of that 18 pounds I lost, I only found 5 of them back.  I joined to maintain my weight, to learn how to follow a healthy lifestyle, and to help support my teammates.
Our weigh in is every Thursday, so I’ll keep you updated on my status (which will hopefully be good).  I was hoping to post a before photo, but my computer is acting up right now.  Stay tuned for tomorrow's results, and I'll also include a picture.













No comments:

Post a Comment