Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Love-Hate Relationship

According to the Macmillan Dictionary, the definition of a love-hate relationship is the following:  a relationship in which your feelings about someone or something often change between love and hate.

Everyone has that relationship.  It could be with your brother.  It could be with your car.  It could be with your spouse.  For me, it is the relationship I have with the dishwasher.

When the dishwasher is empty, it's a beautiful thing.  You just fill it up with your dirty spoons, dishes, and forks.  You keep loading things in it until every space is full.  In our house, that takes about four days.  I love to load the dishwasher.  I love when it gets full, and I just have to flip the switch for the dishes to become clean.

I HATE to unload the dishes.  I hate it.  It is a task that takes less than 15 minutes (it could probably take five minutes to do for a normal person) yet it seems to take hours to get done.  You have to open the dishwasher, take out the utensils, walk across the kitchen, open the drawer, and then sort things away.  Once that is done, you have to go back to the dishwasher and start all over again -- the cups, the dishes, the spoons, etc.  It seems like torture to me.

But....once everything is put away, the dishwasher is empty, and I fall in love all over again.  Then again, maybe it's not love-hate.  Maybe it's just laziness.

FYI -- I have also fallen in love with FINISH® Dishwasher Cleaner.  I used it a few weeks ago, and my dishwasher is cleaning things like it did when he and I first met.

Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment