Monday, March 17, 2014

Top Of the Mornin' To Ya!


Happy St. Patrick's Day!

The Monkey set her trap last night to catch the leprechaun, but he's a sneaky fellow.  He ate all the gold chocolate coins, and left the wrappers on the floor.  He was nice enough to leave her a new pair of socks (fun stuff, right), nail stickers, and candy.  I don't think she will ever catch him.

I try to send in a little something for her class every holiday, and I didn't want St. Patrick's Day to be ignored.  These treats were simple to put together -- we probably spent an hour working on them. 

Her classmates are going to get some Leprechaun Kisses.  We were going to do something with "Kiss Me, I'm Irish", but she's at the age where she doesn't want the boys to get the wrong idea.  I found this free poem here.  You could print it out on card stock so it's sturdy, but I used plain old white paper.



We filled green sandwich baggies (found them at Target) with Hersey Kisses.  I cut the tops of the
bag (removing the zipper part), and used green ribbon to tie the bags closed.  To finish the treat, I stapled the poem to the top of the bag.  BAM! 

.
 
 
We did something similar for the 4th grade teachers, and her band instructor.  Instead of Hershey Kisses, we put Peppermint Patties in gold sandwich baggies (gotta love the Target!).  I found the cute tag here, and stapled it to the bag. 
 

This is what she put together for her teacher.  The Monkey did this one all herself.  It's a Pot of Gold.  She painted a flower pot black, made a rainbow out of pipe cleaners, and filled it up with Rolo candy.  You could use the chocolate gold coins to fill up the pot if you wanted to.




I hope that you and your family have a great St. Patrick's Day.  I want to leave you with this one thought:
 

You son is your son today, but your daughter is your daughter forever.

A man is only a son until he takes a wife. But as a daughter gets older, she will stay near the family, draining it of money and time for years to come. In Irish Gaelic, it's Is é do mhac do mhac inniú, ach is í d’iníon d’iníon go deo.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment