Friday, January 27, 2012

Not My Proudest Moments......

Alright...I am going to admit five things that I have done and that I am not all that proud off...but at the same time, I'm not ashamed of them either.  Think what you want people.  Who are you to judge?    
  
1)     I have played the “I Had Cancer” card to get better seats at a Bruce Springsteen concert.  I even showed the usher the scar on my neck to drive the point home.  It worked – we got great seats for one of his last concerts at the Spectrum.
2)    I have played the “I’m Pregnant” card to get better parking at a Phillies game.  Granted, I was seven months pregnant at the time, but I was in perfect health.  I just didn’t want to have to walk to the stadium.  I gave the parking attendant a sad look, and he waved us through to the handicap lot.

3)      I have played the “My Mom Passed Away 8 Weeks Before My Wedding” card to get a better deal on a new car. 

4)    I have played the “I Had Cancer” card to get others to do my dirty work.  Dirty work in this case means I didn’t want to walk to the bar to get a beer.  I was simply being lazy, and asked my cousin “F” to get me a beer.  He said no….I said the word cancer….and off he scurried.

5)     I once wore a knee brace at Disney World, which enabled me to jump to the front of the line after a cast member expressed concern that I would be standing too long.  Disclaimer: I did this for one ride, and felt so guilty, I took the brace off and dealt with my pain for the rest of the day.

Everyone has moments like this.  Now is the time to come clean…..

No comments:

Post a Comment